The WGIF Board of Trustees authorizes PFMAM, the Investment Adviser of the Fund, to offer additional products to WGIF Participants. These additional programs remain separate from the investment programs encompassed by the Fund:
Fixed-Income Investment Program
This program enables WGIF Participants to individually invest in government securities, certificates of deposit ("CDs"), and other fixed income investment permitted by Wyoming law. Details:
- Participants receive advice on the purchase of individual investments to meet specific needs.
- Asset are held in the Participant's name at U.S. Bank, N.A., (excluding CDs), with the cost paid by PFMAM.
- All investments are quoted in both gross and net rates, in full disclosure of investment advisory fees.
PFMAM, WGIF’s Investment Adviser, offers investment advice on a non-discretionary basis and assists Participants in the purchase of these investments for an advisory fee.
Individually Managed Portfolios
In addition to the Fund, WGIF offers Participants the option to have an individual portfolio managed to meet the public entity's specific investment objectives. An individually managed portfolio provides a public entity with:
- The investment advisory resources of PFMAM, a leading investment advisory firm serving the public sector;
- Investments tailored to meet the public entity's liquidity needs or specific draw schedule;
- Professional portfolio management to enhance earnings and manage risk;
- Investment purchases determined by the public entity's investment policy or bond documents;
- Competitive shopping for every security to seek the most favorable price and execution;
- Third-party custody of all assets;
- Investment management and custody services at a reasonable cost; and
- Assets are held in the Participant's name at U.S. Bank N.A. with the cost paid by PFMAM.
Individually managed portfolios are automatically linked to the Participant's WGIF account so that maturities and coupon payments are invested at all times. Individually managed investment portfolios, which are not a part of the Fund, are available under a separate agreement with PFMAM.
With the BAM Program, the Investment Adviser provides a Participant with some or all of the following:
- Creation of a comprehensive investment strategy and portfolio for proceeds of tax-exempt and taxable financings;
- Disbursement needs for the bond financed project;
- Arbitrage rebate services for proceeds of tax exempt borrowings; and
- Investment policy review and development, cash flow modeling, and cash management services.
The fees for the BAM Program are negotiated directly by the Investment Adviser with the Participants and determined after a review of various factors.
For more detail on the above programs, contact Joan Evans at George K. Baum & Company, Distribution Agent.