Special Report: Debt Ceiling
In light of circumstances regarding the U.S. Government debt ceiling, we wanted to inform you that the WGIF portfolios currently do not hold U.S. Treasury securities maturing prior to December 31, 2023. For more information on the debt ceiling, please see the investment manager’s recent update here.
Please enter your color in the box below for the login button and top left icon. Please make sure there are no extra spaces in the box:
Please enter your font style below in the box.
*Make sure there are no extra spaces in the box and do not delete the box:
Welcome to the Wyoming Government Investment Fund
Investments Designed for Wyoming local governments
The Fund and its various services provide Participants an opportunity to maximize their income while maintaining safety, liquidity and yield as their primary investment objectives. Currently, the Fund offers eligible Participants two professionally managed investments options:
- WGIF Liquid Asset Series. This money market series enables Participants to pool their short-term funds for a common investment, offering competitive interest rates and complete liquidity. The Liquid Asset Series stresses "safety of principal" as its number one objective and has earned a AAAm* rating by Standard and Poor's.
- WGIF Fixed-Rate/Fixed-Term Pools. This investment, offering terms from 60 days to one year, enables Participants to pool their funds for a competitive rate of return.
Distinctive structure, specialized focus
These attributes set WGIF apart:
- WGIF is the state’s only investment program sponsored by the WSBA and WAM;
- WGIF is owned and operated by the Fund’s Participants, ensuring that the Fund remains focused on the particular needs of Wyoming’s public entities;
- The Fund’s Participants elect members of the Board of Directors to govern WGIF – a Board that represents Participants of the Fund; and
- The Board of Trustees is responsible for overall management of the Fund, including formulation and implementation of investment and operating policies.
Specialized service options
In addition to the Fund, WGIF Participants may also take advantage of other investment services provided by its Investment Adviser, PFM Asset Management LLC (“PFMAM”).
- Fixed Term Investment Program. This program enables WGIF Participants to invest individually in government securities, certificates of deposit (“CDs”) and other fixed income investments permitted by Wyoming law.
- Individually Managed Portfolios. WGIF Participants can also opt for an individually tailored portfolio managed by a leading adviser – a sound approach to meeting specific investment objectives and seeking to maximize results.
- Bond Account Management (“BAM”) Program. BAM offers Participants a comprehensive strategy and portfolio for proceeds of tax-exempt and taxable financings, among other services.
The WGIF Board selects various professional organizations to provide services to the Fund.
For More Information
To find out more about how WGIF can meet your needs, please contact a Fund representative at 1-866-249-9443.
*Standard & Poor's fund ratings are based on analysis of credit quality, market price exposure, and management. According to Standard & Poor's rating criteria, the AAAm rating signifies excellent safety of investment principal and a superior capacity to maintain a $1.00 per share net asset value. However it should be understood that the rating is not a "market" rating nor a recommendation to buy, hold or sell securities. For a full descritption on rating methodology, visit Standard & Poor's website (Standard & Poor's).
Please enter your color in the box below for the top navigation bar and side navigation bar. Make sure there are no extra spaces in the box below: