Welcome to the Wyoming Government Investment Fund
The Wyoming Government Investment Fund (“WGIF” or the “Fund”) was created July 1, 1996 to provide cash-management investments designed exclusively for Wyoming public entities. In addition, the Fund provides municipal investors with a full range of effective tools for meeting their cash flow and investment needs, including comprehensive investment management services, education and support. WGIF is sponsored by the Wyoming School Boards Association ("WSBA") and the Wyoming Association of Municipalities ("WAM").
Investments Designed for Wyoming local governments
The Fund and its various services provide Participants an opportunity to maximize their income while maintaining safety, liquidity and yield as their primary investment objectives. Currently, the Fund offers eligible Participants two professionally managed investments options:
- WGIF Liquid Asset Series. This money market series enables Participants to pool their short-term funds for a common investment, offering competitive interest rates and complete liquidity. The Liquid Asset Series stresses "safety of principal" as its number one objective and has earned a AAAm* rating by Standard and Poor's.
- WGIF Fixed-Rate/Fixed-Term Pools. This investment, offering terms from 60 days to one year, enables Participants to pool their funds for a competitive rate of return.
Distinctive structure, specialized focus
These attributes set WGIF apart:
- WGIF is the state’s only investment program sponsored by the WSBA and WAM;
- WGIF is owned and operated by the Fund’s Participants, ensuring that the Fund remains focused on the particular needs of Wyoming’s public entities;
- The Fund’s Participants elect members of the Board of Directors to govern WGIF – a Board that represents Participants of the Fund; and
- The Board of Trustees is responsible for overall management of the Fund, including formulation and implementation of investment and operating policies.
Specialized service options
In addition to the Fund, WGIF Participants may also take advantage of other investment services provided by its Investment Adviser, PFM Asset Management LLC (“PFMAM”).
- Fixed Term Investment Program. This program enables WGIF Participants to invest individually in government securities, certificates of deposit (“CDs”) and other fixed income investments permitted by Wyoming law.
- Individually Managed Portfolios. WGIF Participants can also opt for an individually tailored portfolio managed by a leading adviser – a sound approach to meeting specific investment objectives and seeking to maximize results.
- Bond Account Management (“BAM”) Program. BAM offers Participants a comprehensive strategy and portfolio for proceeds of tax-exempt and taxable financings, among other services.
The WGIF Board selects various professional organizations to provide services to the Fund.
For More Information
To find out more about how WGIF can meet your needs, contact Joan Evans at George K. Baum & Company, Distribution Agent.
*Standard & Poor's fund ratings are based on analysis of credit quality, market price exposure, and management. According to Standard & Poor's rating criteria, the AAAm rating signifies excellent safety of investment principal and a superior capacity to maintain a $1.00 per share net asset value. However it should be understood that the rating is not a "market" rating nor a recommendation to buy, hold or sell securities. For a full descritption on rating methodology, visit Standard & Poor's website (http://www.standardandpoors.com/en_US/web/guest/home).